Parish Operating Grants
Parish Operating Grants
Thanks to the generosity of the donors to the Annual Diocesan Appeal, the Advancement Foundation provides generous operating grants to small, rural parishes or those struggling to meet their operating expenses. Last year, 37 parish communities in the Diocese of Fort Worth were awarded operating grants totaling $815,000.
Complete list of 2022-23 grant recipients
On behalf of the parishioners, I acknowledge with profound gratitude the grant for $57,000 for St. Mary, Graham, and St. Theresa Olney for Youth and Family Ministry. At this difficult time, we believe this will greatly help us in sustaining the programs to accompany the youth and families in both parishes.Rev. Eugene Nyong, Pastor
Read about the impact of these operating grants in the North Texas Catholic!
- Far flung outreach: Annual Diocesan Appeal lends help to rural parishes and more
- The bigger picture: Annual Diocesan Appeal reaches to margins of diocese
Completed grant application forms and support documentation may be submitted via email or postal mail and must be received no later than 5 p.m. April 15. Applications are reviewed by the Grants Committee of the Advancement Foundation and forwarded to its Board of Directors for final approval. All applicants will be notified by letter prior to June 30. Grants will be disbursed in twelve (12) equal payments beginning July 1.
Parish Operating Grant Application (FY2024)
Please remember these criteria as you prepare your application:
- The parish applying for a grant must be small, rural or requiring outside support in order to meet its budget.
- The parish shall be on track to meet its Annual Diocesan Appeal goal for the year.
- If the parish has an outstanding loan to the Diocese of Fort Worth, payments must be current.
- The parish must be current in its accounts payable.
- An income statement showing YTD actuals to budget for the parish and proposed budget for the next fiscal year must accompany the grant application.
- Budgets and/or cost estimates for the purposes outlined in the grant must accompany the application.
- The grant application form must be completed in its entirety, including all signatures.
Rachel Martinez, CFRE
Director of Annual Giving and Grants
Renée Underwood, CFRE
Chief Development Officer of the Advancement Foundation
Broken link or website issue?